Saturday, June 17, 2006

Jose+10


I just love the new Adidas ‘Impossible is Nothing’ commercials featuring two kids in dusty Latin American slum selecting their dream players to make up their team. Why do I like it? Perhaps because it captures their make believe world beautifully. I love it when Pedro laughs at Jose’s choice of Beckenbauer and is shocked when the youthful German midfielder comes jogging onto the soccer pitch.




In many ways, this could have been just any other ad where stars perform their magic. But instead, it shows the connection most viewers have to the game - an outlet for imagination where boys and girls are transported to the fantasy of the world cup. Nike recently came out with its 'Joga Bonito' campaign, which is very impressive. But Nike is less established a 'soccer brand', and Adidas does a good job with this spot of cementing its position.
The music playing in the background goes, 'If you dont get my football back, I'm gonna get my dad on you'. If anyone knows who the singer is, please let me know.

No comments yet